Start today the Training Course “Get up, Stand up!”, a training course on democracy and active citizenship in the field of youth work which will take place in Bonn (Germany) till 24th May 2017.
DYPALL is there, together with Italian organisation ELIOS, in order to explore and understand how democracy and active citizenship are translated into youth work practices and to support participants to better empower young people as active citizens.
The training course has the following objectives:
- To increase the understanding of the concepts of democracy and active citizenship.
- To explore how individual beliefs and values influence youth workers’ educational approach.
- To explore the challenge of being an educator in complex and ambiguous times.
- To understand how promoting democracy and active citizenship can lead to active participation of young people.
- To explore the opportunities of the Erasmus+ Youth in Action Programme to better support active citizenship among young people.