On the 26-27th April 2022, Materahub hosted and organized the Kick-off meeting of the project “CHLaYdoscope – Creative Hub Leaders developing community-based youth leadership” in Matera, Italy.
CHLaYdoscope Project aims to support the development of Community-based youth leadership (YCLs) in order to promote active citizenship, young people’s sense of initiative and youth entrepreneurship including social entrepreneurship through an innovative mentorship and non-formal education program designed and delivered by experienced European Creative Hub Leaders (ECHLs). The project has been co-designed by ECHLs and representatives of European Youth Organizations (YOs) starting from shared considerations on the roles these stakeholders could play in Europe for youth, especially at this moment marked by Covid 19. The meeting was used as an opportunity to get to know each other, plan the development of design of a new competency profile for “youth community leaders” and discuss the project’s future activities.
Through this project, we aim to:
- Boost youth participation in local communities;
- Understand the competencies needed by young people to act as community leaders;
- Allow ECHL to transfer their knowledge from spaces to communities;
- Demonstrate the power of creativity to foster local innovation and development;
- Engage local decision makers to promote a new model of community-based local development.
The project is led by Materahub (Italy) in cooperation with DYPALL Network, Generazione Lucana (Italy), Warehouse Hub (Italy), ECHN (Greece), PiNA (Slovenia) and the Artist and the Others (The Netherlands). It is funded by the European Union within the framework of the Erasmus+ programme: Cooperation partnerships in youth with the support of the Italian national agency.