Democracy Reloaded Study Visit
22-27 October 2017 | Lisbon, Portugal
Deadline to apply: 10 September 2017
The aims of the Study Visit are to share and reflect on existing practices of youth participation in decision making at local level in order to elaborate on issues of quality in such practices. As such, the Study Visit will also contribute to the development of the necessary competences of participants to efficiently plan, implement, sustain and reform local participative structures.
Objectives of the Study Visit
The Study Visit will create the possibility for participating youth leaders, youth workers, local and regional public authority officers dealing with youth
- to observe and reflect on a number of existing practices of local youth participation structures in Portugal,
● to evaluate these practices by identifying their strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and obstacles,
● to identify underlying quality aspects of these participative structures,
● to share their personal experience in order to find similarities and differences in the approaches that will allow participants to learn from exchange of experience,
● to reflect on the recently developed map of competences for municipalities for engaging youth in municipal decision making,
● to develop understanding on how Structured Dialogue can be reciprocally integrated in the work of suchdemocraticparticipation structures on local and regional level, fostering the quality of results at national and European level,
● to provide information about the funding mechanism of Erasmus+ and in particular KA3,
● to establish cooperation for potential future Erasmus+ projects that may support the development of strategies and action plans for fostering youth participation processes and the development of structures and instruments of structured dialogue and co-management in their local context,
The Study Visit will be a great opportunity for different representatives of local and regional public authorities and youth organisations active at regional or local level to think and work together. Therefore, we would encourage your organisation/institution also to invite a representative of a youth organization or municipality to apply together to attend this activity. By working together during the Study Visit the commitment and the cooperation of the two parties will be reinforced and further empowered. As such this Study Visit may provide a second meeting of some the participants of the TC”Democracy Reloaded” in order to evaluate the outcomes of the training course and further plan their cooperation and projects.
Profile of participants
youth policy makers, civil servants from local and regional authorities responsible for youth matters, youth workers, youth leaders, project managers, Erasmus+ Youth in Action National Agency officers responsible for KA3 / youth participation projects
The Study Visit is designed for people working with municipal participation structures (youth councils, youth forums, youth co-management bodies) on the municipal side or the youth representation or NGO side. The study visit aims to allow representatives of local and regional public authorities and youth organisations active at regional or local level to work together. Therefore, we encourage youth organisations/institutions and representatives of municipalities to apply together to attend this activity (for example an officer dealing with youth issues within a municipality together with a representative of the local youth council / partner youth organisation). At selection, priority will be given to those who apply in partnership between the municipality and the youth / NGO sector.
Deadline to apply: 10 September 2017