DYPALL Network (Developing Youth Participation at Local Level) is a European platform of over 80 civil society organizations and local authorities from more than 30 countries, that aims to involve young people in decision-making processes at local level, and thus enable municipal and regional authorities to address the needs and interests of youth, engage young people as active actors of problem-solving and increase the level of ownership, commitment and involvement of an important part of our communities.
YP Lab is a resource and mobility centre within DYPALL Network with the focus on research development and capacity building in the field of local youth participation.
DYPALL Network stands for the creation of effective and sustainable involvement of youth in decision-making with local authorities through the development of strategies and building structures and relations of trust between actors.
We believe that by creating an effective and sustainable involvement of youth in decision-making and improving the work culture between local authorities and youth organizations we can contribute to implementing more sustainable youth policies at local level.
- Youth Participation and Democratic Citizenship
- Social Cohesion and Youth Emancipation
- Network Development and Quality Systems
VALUES & PRINCIPLES
- Democratic values
- Respect for diversity
- Complementarity between public and private sector
- Shared decisions
- Equal opportunities
WHAT WE DO
We design training offers for our members and partners on key priority teams, such as:
- Models of youth participation and decision making;
- Cooperation with public authorities;
- Models of youth policies design at local level.
We collaborate with research centres, universities and individual researchers, collecting data to support evidence-based policy. Our priority teams and research teams are collecting best practices for youth participation and decision making at local level, mapping the competences of local officers to ensure youth participation.
Our consultancy service consists in:
- Developing of specific focus trainings to our members and partners;
- Support on youth policy design;
- Assistance on reestablishment/creation of instruments for youth participation at local level.
- Increase the advocacy capacity of the DYPALL Network members to influence national and European youth policy development (EU Youth Strategy 2019-2027)
- Support the promotion, development and improvement of spaces for quality youth participation in decision-making at the local level, including the use of digital spaces
- Increase the focus of the Network on social inclusion and political participation of excluded groups
- Provide young people with the skills to engage and participate in the democratic processes