The Training course “International Partnership for Youth“ (IP4Youth) took place from 10th – 16th October 2022 in Portimão, Portugal. Its main aim was to share the knowledge and the skills to support young people in being more active in their local community. The participants involved were youth workers from several NGOs from Romania, Spain, Poland, and Portugal.
The main objectives of the Training course that we had the opportunity to reach together were:
- Increase the understanding of the problems faced by organizations and young people in promoting youth initiatives and the barriers that young people face in their social life, such as discrimination;
- Allow youth workers to increase their knowledge of different models and approaches to support young people in promoting their initiatives at the local level;
- Develop further understanding of the EU recognition schemes, such as Youthpass;
- Empower municipality workers to support more youth initiatives and create more inclusive local youth policies;
- Foster the competencies on Erasmus+ programmes and other cooperation opportunities.
The Training course is one of the activities of the project “International Partnership to support Youth Initiative” which started at the beginning of this year. The activity was organized by DYPALL Network in cooperation with Fundacja Cooperatja (Poland), ASTRID (Romania) and Culture Clash Barcelona (Spain), funded by the Polish National Agency of the Erasmus + programme.