Study Session “Youth e-participation matters – Transferring local youth participation in decision-making processes to the digital sphere” will take place in the European Youth Centre of the Council of Europe in Strasbourg between 11th-15th October (+ travel days) and is organised by DYPALL Network in cooperation with the Youth Department of the Council of Europe.
Detailed programme and more information about the activity is to be found in the Call for Participants: https://tinyurl.com/call4participantsStSYEM
To apply fill in the online registration form: https://tinyurl.com/applicationformStSYEM
The deadline for applying is 15th August 2021 by 12:00 (midday) CET.
About the activity
The study session “Youth e-participation matters – Transferring local youth participation in decision-making processes to the digital sphere” aims to highlight the importance of youth e-participation and equip youth workers, municipality representatives and youth leaders with practical knowledge on the applicability, transferability and implementation of different digital solutions for youth participation in decision-making processes at the local level.
The activity builds on the results, experience and knowledge acquired during the study session “W(e)-participate! Harnessing digital innovation for youth participation at local level,” which was organised by DYPALL Network in cooperation with the Youth Department of the Council of Europe in the European Youth Centre in Strasbourg between 27 September and 3 October 2020. The report is available here.
The specific objectives of the study session are:
- to discuss and compare the essential issues of youth participation and e-participation such as: access, impact, opportunities and threats
- to introduce examples of digital tools for e-participation and reflect on how to make them more youth-friendly and applicable to local realities
- collect the values and principles of youth e-participation referring to existing models and principles of youth participation
- to vision effective strategies for implementation of youth e-participation process in decision-making at the local level
- to share the practices and experiences of participants in regard to e-participation
- Youth workers and educators working in the field of youth participation;
- Youth leaders and young people with interest in youth participation, Young representatives of local youth councils and similar participation structures;
- Young developers of e-participation solutions;
- Local authority representatives with responsibilities in youth issues.
Moreover, the participants must:
- be able to work in English;
- according to the rules of the Council of Europe, participants should be aged between 18 and 30 years old (exceptional cases can be accepted, when justified);
- be willing to contribute with their experience to the Study Session;
- be residents of Council of Europe member state countries; some exceptions are possible depending on the participants’ application form.
- be able to attend the whole duration of the Study Session;
- be able to join a Discord group of the Study Session before the activity;
- be able to bring their own computer for the e-tools workshops (although exceptions are possible).
We also encourage and support the participation of participants from disadvantaged groups.
In case you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact Mateusz Hoffmann at firstname.lastname@example.org